A Panoramic wheel (sometimes called “Ferris wheel” or “Giant wheel”) is an amusement ride consisting of a rotating upright wheel with multiple passenger-carrying components (commonly referred to as passenger cars, cabins, tubs, capsules, gondolas, or pods) attached to the rim.
The ride is basically composed by a fixed base and above the base frame there is a column, anchored to the ground or fixed on a basement, with rotating hub where the arms are attached.For every arm there is one fiberglass gondola that can accommodate 4 passengers.
The arms rotating movement is made through a transmission composed of electrical motors, gearboxes with pinions and a slewing ring.
The ride rotates around its centre and stop in a definite position for upload the people in the passengers unit (gondolas). The ride is provided with a fail-safe system.
360° rotation of the central part (clockwise and counter clockwise) Speed: from 0 to 1,5 RPM.
- Safety Devices
During the ride operation the safety of the passengers is guaranteed by the following:
Each gondola has protection railings and entrance/exit doors made of stainless steel, the opening/closing of which is always manual and is controlled by the operator.
OPTIONAL ACCESSORIES SUPPLIED ON REQUEST
- Entrance/exit platform made of a hot-galvanised steel structure and covered with chequered aluminum plate;
- Stainless steel protection railings and entrance/exit gates;
- Standard lights package: made up of lights on gondola and roof, lights on each arms, and lights on the central hub;
- Extra lights package;
- Operator booth with decorations and lights;
- Special decoration and lights to match the theme of the park: it is possible customize the theming of the gondolas and personalize the colors of all the ride.
This attraction is an excellent family ride and it is one of the classic ride which is always present in amusement parks all over the world.